How to live your life with meaning, significance and importance?
“The purpose of life is a life of purpose.” – Robert Byrne
Key insights into man’s search for meaning-discovering and delivering purpose.
No man is born without a purpose.
You are not born without a purpose. We are placed here to fulfill a specific purpose. Regardless of whom we are or where we are from; regardless of our financial situation or current position in life,each and every one of us has a specific life purpose to fulfil. It is a fallacy to assume some people have no purpose.
You have a better purpose
Your purpose is not your job or career or position. It is not an acquisition of things such as the big house or shiny car or other tangibles. Your purpose is by far bigger, and I dare say better than all this thing. While a job or career or enterprise may be instrumental in fulfilling purpose, they are not by themselves purposes.
There is nothing wrong with your life
There is nothing wrong with your life perhaps there’s only something missing, the realization of your life purpose. And it is strictly your responsibility to come to realization. And this is a responsibility you must take very seriously if you do not want your life to untimely prove meaningless.
Your purpose is grand
Whatever purpose you are here for, it has got to be grand. We are not here to be small. “I am here for a purpose and the purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy”. –Og Mandino
Your Entitlement of Existence
You have a right to be here and now for such a time as this. All you need to do is live purposefully. You have a right to be in this life but only the awareness of your definite major purpose will make that right worth your while.
You are needed in this world
You are not surplus to human requirement in anyway. You are not just here to make up the numbers but to make an impact. There is a need for you and that need is not generic but specific. Regardless of how you came into this world, there is a place for you to fill.
Don’t throw your life away! How? By living without a specific and worthy purpose. A life lived without a purpose is a life lived uselessly. “Even nature does nothing uselessly.” –Aristotle
You don’t determine a purpose
You discover it. Purpose is not something you formulate; it is already predetermined by your creator. Your role is essentially that of coming to terms with it. “Your purpose is not something to be invented. It is to be discovered. Its already waiting for you.” – Michael Angier. Also, you do not impart purpose. “A purpose you impart is no longer your own.” –Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
Equality of Nobility of purpose
No one purpose can be said to be greater than the other in essence, as all purposes meet certain criteria. Bill Gates purpose cannot be said to be nobler or higher than that of mother Theresa’s because of his financial riches. Both classes of purpose are equally needed in this world. What truly makes your purpose noble is the impart it ultimately makes on your world. And when you impart your world or generation, you leave behind you a legacy that lives beyond you. As one author put it; ‘The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.’
- A person`s calling may be professional, social or ecclesiastical or what have you.
Understanding Purpose-What is Purpose?
- Purpose is the centre of an organized life. Thus the question: are you are a wandering generality or a meaningful specific? “A worthy purpose must be at the center of every worthy life.” -Jack H. Goaslind
- Purpose is the interpretation of one’s existence
- Purpose is the compass of your life without which you will live a lost life. Purpose is the true life’s directional guiding you to your true North. “When a man does not know what harbor he is making for; no wind is the right wind.” -Seneca
- Key Question to ask yourself: why was I put on earth for this time? Why was I given certain abilities, interests and dispositions?
The Reward of Purposeful Living
- The discovery and living of one’s purpose is what gives meaning to life. Your life becomes rich in significance to yourself and the world.
- Once we discover our life’s purpose and works in harmony with it, only then will our true living unfold affording us experience happiness and joyous existence. Purpose is the source of our true life happiness. “True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” Helen Keller.
- Purpose is the true basis for motivation (The power of Motive). “Strong lives are motivated by dynamic purposes.” –Hildebrand Kenneth
- Purpose discovered is the foundation for every real and meaningful success
- Purpose brings order, bearing and beauty to living. Discovery of your purpose will make you a more discerning person.